Sunday, September 6, 2009

I need to update more often!

It's only been a week since I last posted and I have plenty to talk about...this must mean that the "unemployment zombie" days are over and life is back in full swing! At least it is for a little while, and that's a good thing. I like staying busy.

My back is still pretty messed up from Julie's fall...I'm not sure what's wrong but when Mike massaged my back last night it was hurting right in my spine. Hmmmph. It's a combination of my spine and the left lower muscle and it hurts like a bitch. I've been taking ibuprofen and resting it a lot, so hopefully I'll be 100% soon.

Thursday was the Rebel Brigade preview show. I was really super excited because I hadn't seen the band perform since 2000. Things have changed a lot this year...the band is no longer competitive. I could go on forever about my memories with colorguard, but I have a few things that will always stick with me. 1-Traditions. All of them, and there were many. 2-Getting fitted for my uniform/costume every year. 3-Getting "prettied up" before every competition. 4-The bus rides with my friends. (This should have been #2...it was so important.) 5-Excruciating band camps, 3 rehearsals per week (3 hours apiece), a football game on Friday and a competition Saturday. It was a full life.

So now that I've told you what I loved about marching and the memories that come to me most fondly and most often...let me tell you what is going on now. *Deep Breath* The band marched onto the field in tracksuits and ballcaps. The colorguard wore the same tracksuits as the band. No pretty costumes for them. :-( They walked onto the field. No marching. No huddle. Maybe they did it before they marched on...I dunno. Their first show was a Michael Jackson tribute, which I was really excited about. I was definitely expecting "college band" out of the Rebel Brigade this year...and that's kinda what I got. I was devestated. The guard carried the same flags for the whole show. The least number of flags I ever remember having was 2, and a swing flag. So...they had one. :-( During the second show (same flags, BTW) which was a Blues Brothers show, a band member or 2 actually laid on the field and played for almost a whole song!! No exhaustion for them, LOL! I find this funny because we were never allowed to put our butts on the ground for any reason while we were rehearsing, and there they were in front of me playing their trumpets (or whatever) while lounging on the ground! LOL! Anyway, I was just really sad about the whole thing. I am sad that the kids won't know the thrill of hearing "Boone County High School Rebel Brigade, you may now take the field for competition!". Or of standing out in the freezing cold when awards time comes. I'm sad they won't know what it's like to put on such an awesome uniform with buckles and straps and doo-dads and put on their white pants instead of the grey because they're going to finals. I'm sad that the colorguard isn't PERFORMING. Colorguards dance and spin and toss...they're responsible for ACTING OUT what is going on with the music. This colorguard was doing drop spins and figure-8's and standing still half of the time. I CRIED! I understand that the money just isn't there for the school, and it hurts to see a program that shaped me so much end up like this. If I were a millionaire...

Things with Mike and I are great. The more I get to know him, the more I like him. We crack each other up, and I think we may never run out of things to talk about. We went out last night, and had a good dinner and some great conversation. We came back here and I got a massage (Oh thank you God for bringing me a boyfriend who will massage me when my back hurts. Thankyouthankyouthankyou.) and we talked a lot. I like him so much, it's unbelievable. And he has shown me in several ways that he likes me just as much as I like him. We're still taking things very slow, and I'm pretty happy with that. He is so different from the other guys I've dated in the past...first of all, he cares that I have a brain. That's so comforting. He thinks with the head on his shoulders and that is definitely different. Yet he's incredibly snuggly and likes to kiss. He literally makes me shiver when he touches me. He knows this and does it on purpose, I think. :-P He makes me feel safe and pretty...and tiny! All of that being said, I could go on and on. Let's just put it this way...I feel like a very lucky girl.

I saw Julie today...I went over there and Joy pulled out one of her old flags. I hadn't spun in about 7-8 years, so I immediately went to their backyard to spin a little. Joy asked me if I would spin for Julie, and I was like HELL YEAH I WILL!! LOL! I had to leave and go to the store, but I went back over there after dinner. Joy and Ted brought Julie outside and I spun for her. She loved it. I think she was just amused that I didn't hit myself over the head, haha! She ended up with a bruise on her knee after her fall with me on Monday...I was soooooo upset with myself, but Joy reassured me that these things have happened before and it's no biggie. She's still having problems eating and drinking, which is really worrying me.

There are a million other little things I could write about, but I'm worn out. I'll update again soon...life keeps happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment