Sunday, April 11, 2010

Weird and wonderful week.

Things have been, to say the least, fantastic. Where to begin?

I started my new job with Convergys on March 13th and it's been okay so far. I'm getting a lot of technical knowledge that I didn't have before and meeting some cool people along the way. Training was difficult, transition was touch-and-go, but I'm pretty prepared for my first day on the phones alone tomorrow. While I still have some conflicts about working for an outsourcing company, I know I "gotta do what I gotta do" right now in this crappy economy. I was pretty mad because during our 2nd week of training, we were told that there is going to be a class for the telecommute position. I can't transfer out of my department for 6 months, so I was pretty fired up and ready to leave for good one day. But I got my wits about me and realized that I really need the money. Ever since then, I'm just rolling with the punches as they come, and deflecting whatever might be thrown at me.

Spring is officially here! This makes me incredibly happy. I've spent all winter in a state of perpetual funk, never feeling quite right. Now the sun is out, the birds are singing and happy little squirrels are crossing my path. The warmer weather is helping things a lot. It's been unfortunate that I've been working 12-8:30 and haven't had the opportunity to get out and enjoy it! I wanted to get out and play some disc golf today but it didn't work out. Oh well...there's always next weekend and MAYBE someday I'll get my ass up early enough on a workday to play! Anyway, I just wanted to pay homage to Spring for a minute because things are looking up. ;-) I also celebrated a very important milestone...my 1 year anniversary of living in KY! Looking back a year ago, I wonder how I ever doubted that KY was the place for me. I have changed so much (and for the better!) since I've been back and I'm genuinely happy. I have no regrets, other than the fact that I can't have all of my CA friends here with me. And my dad. BTW, Dad had a quadruple bypass on the 8th and is doing very well. Hopefully he'll change his ways a little and stay on this planet a while. Everything is going so fantastically, I feel like I'm in some kind of alternate reality. Much of this is being caused by the situation in the next paragraph...

I met someone. Someone kinda incredible, who I'm kinda smitten over. And he is kinda smitten over me too. This is odd for me, so please bear with me. His name is Rob, and we were introduced via his ex wife Kari who is my coworker. Kari heard me speak of a date that I didn't want to go on (and the reasons why I didn't want to go) and she suggested that I look up her ex on facebook. They are good friends (as they have kids together) and she said she just wanted him to be happy. Apparently she thought I was the kind of girl that could make him happy, and he was the kind of guy that I'm looking for. I decided to wait a few days to send him a friend request on facebook, but he added me first. We exchanged a bunch of emails and by the end of the day (Easter, the 4th) I was sure I had to give him my number. He called, and we talked for an hour and a half. I went to bed with a smile on my face, and woke up several times through the night saying "there's no way this guy is real...". I then woke up with a smile on my face and we continued the pattern the next day. Except the next night it was 3 hours on the phone, and we made a date. Then 4...then 5...then 6... We met up on Wed the 7th for possibly one of the best dates I've ever had. It wasn't the place (Steak and Shake, and about an hour walking through Meijer LOL) or what we did...it was the company. There's something really great about walking into a first date feeling like you already kinda know the person. Or at least you know them well enough to feel so comfortable. We met up again last night so he could teach me to play Magic (yes, that's right...geek of my dreams LOL) and hang out. I was officially taken off of the market as of yesterday. :-) I'm having a hard time talking about it because honestly...I'm scared of messing it up. I like him a LOT. And the fact that he likes me just as much as I like him scares the shit out of me. We are equally and healthily captivated by each other. I could begin to name all of the things I like about him and all of the similarities that we have that make us SOOOOOOOOOOO freakin compatible, but it's midnight at this point and I have to get to bed soon. Just let me say that I have a whole new feeling inside. :-)

Sarah's wedding is getting closer and closer!!! I am going to need to keep a calendar handy over the next month or so. Every day is jam-packed. I'll try to blog and at least keep things updated...I know I've been slacking lately!

No comments:

Post a Comment