Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Update!

It's been nearly three months since I've updated...I'm being a terrible blogger. *shame*

First things first...I am officially back in school! I'm taking English, a mandatory "surviving college" class, the CNA course, and a one-day CPR class (which is this coming Saturday). I am having a blast with school. It feels good to sit in a classroom again. I am learning so much, especially in my CNA class. The class is 4 hours twice a week, so they cram a lot of stuff into my brain at once. My grades are fantastic...I haven't had anything graded for my English class yet but I'm ROCKING the CNA class. I have a mid-term on Thursday and I'm hoping to ace it too. I'm officially in the nursing program, which is a huge thing for me. My major has changed, and I like it! I have a TON of prerequisites to do before I can take my first nursing class, and currently there is a 2 year wait-list for the nursing classes. I may switch schools if this doesn't remedy itself...but we'll see what happens down the road. I've got 1 math, 1 more English, 2 biology, 2 chemistry, 1 microbiology and 2 anatomy classes to take before I can even get on the wait-list, so I feel a bit defeated. I am also debating on whether or not to get my transcript from EKU and get my psychology and sociology transferred. The nursing program requires 2 psychology classes, but if I transfer my credits from EKU I may run into a problem with my financial aid. We'll see what happens with that...I'll be researching. Anyway, school is going FANTASTIC and I'm loving every second.

Sarah is now 6 months pregnant, and is having a little girl! She has been miserable and sick the whole time (poor thing) but we are all eagerly awaiting little Lucy's arrival. Sarah's episode of Who Wants to be a Millionaire is slotted to air March 25, yay! I can't wait to see her on national TV, showing the world that being a geek pays off! Also, their 1 year anniversary is coming up! SO much has happened in the past year, it's hard to believe. I'm so happy for Erik especially...3 marriages and this is his first anniversary. He deserves it more than anyone I know.

Mom had a trial spinal stimulator. It did not go well. The procedure itself was excruciatingly painful for her, and the stimulator didn't end up reaching the places her pain affects most. It was a total bust, and we were heartbroken. Next on the list of things to try is a pain pump. On the bright side, her final mediation for her lawsuits is on June 2nd. I hope she gets everything she deserves and more. Her pain and suffering is immeasurable, and her lost wages and medical costs are worth a couple million, easily. I hope she bankrupts the whole practice. She deserves it. This was supposed to be the prime of her life, and she is completely disabled and unable to do anything she dreamed of (especially traveling). I hope this lawsuit ends up making all of us very comfortable, and providing for mom for the rest of her life. 5 years after her original injury, and nearly 5 years after the pressure ulcer that almost killed her, she will finally get justice from the medical community that failed one of their own.

Derek and I are still very happy and very much in love. <3 Day to day life with him is so much fun, and I love how we function as a couple. Everything is very easy, just as people told me it would be. We're looking forward to moving into our own place...we've got a good deal on rent here but the commute to Blue Ash is killing Derek. Besides that, we want a place of our OWN where we are completely alone. He is working hard toward a dissolution with his ex...she has not really been cooperating with the whole thing but they're supposed to get together this weekend. *crosses fingers* Given my history, I will be really happy to have a boyfriend is legally divorced. I went through the wringer with Justin, and with Rob. Derek and I are going to be together for the rest of our lives (you can count on it!) and I really think that someday we are going to look back on this time in our lives and laugh our asses off. Dawn WHO? :-p

That's all for now. I really am going to try to blog more often. But I say that every time...

No comments:

Post a Comment