Things have been relatively okay. I'm getting through the days at work...I didn't realize when I first started working there how complicated this job really is. It's a challenge every day, and you have to be not only very smart but very quick to adapt. I can honestly say that I don't have a single "dumb" coworker. For the first time in my life, LOL! Not as far as I've seen, anyway. It's nice to be around equals...people who enjoy learning and solving problems. My coworkers are fantastic, they're 80% nerds and I love the hell out of them.
Things are still kinda up in the air for me in the love department. Rob is MIA from my life right now, Kari is very distant, and to be honest it hurts me more NOT to hear from them. But I guess I've learned my lesson. I'm officially back on the dating market...some flirting on okcupid feels good. :-) One thing I still believe...I still believe in love. And I sincerely believe that because I am a good person I will find it. The people around me have always told me that it WILL happen, and I'm really trying hard to believe that. I'm not going to stop dating...I like it too much. I'm just going to take the butterflies and leave the tears--a whole new outlook.
Things at home have been okay...Mom got a spinal epidural and she's still been having a lot of pain. This has been really disheartening to both of us but her doctor wants her to keep trying. The good news is that she hasn't been having any of the "electrical" (as she puts it) pain in her feet/ankles but rather the "full-leg asscramp" (as I put it). Everyone has had an asscramp. If you haven't, I hope you never do. :-P But she says it's like she's having that kind of pain, and it's running down her leg. I guess I've never really described Mom's pain to this degree, but it's something that's constantly there. It's as much a part of our daily lives as my job is. Anyway, hopefully that will become a thing of the past as she continues to get these spinal blocks.
All in all, I'm just living life. I'm having a great day off...I got to sleep in until noon!!!!!! Then I went shopping at Target and Remke's and over to Sarah's for a couple of episodes of Battlestar Gallactica. I'm absolutely loving that show. Mom made an awesome spinach salad with grilled chicken and pineapple-habenero dressing for dinner...it was so good I wanted to lick my plate. Tomorrow is Evelyn's 7th birthday! I'm so glad I get to be around for stuff like this. I do have to work tomorrow, but at least I'll get to see her for a bit before I leave. And of course my birthday is coming up, and of course I'm already really excited about it. LOL! I am trying to remind myself that I should not be more excited about my birthday than Evelyn is about hers, and that it's still 2 weeks away. What I want more than anything for my birthday is money towards a decent computer. I found a computer I want that is under $500, so I'm watching every penny and hoping Mom will have mercy on me, LOL! I've been using her laptop for about 9 months now, and I'm sure she would really like it back. I've indicated that I might be holding the computer hostage until I get my Dell, so hopefully she'll take that as a sign that she should contribute freely. :-P
Every time I have a bad day, a day when I feel like life is fucking me over--I go to Los Angeles craigslist and see what Justin is up to. His antics on there (mainly the posts begging for a male fuck-buddy) help me realize that I was way more miserable then, and especially how much I've changed. I feel sorry for his girlfriend, but I just have to shake my head and remember that there are a million guys out there doing the exact same thing. And a million other girls who turn their heads the other way in the name of love. If there's one thing I'm proud of it's that I will NEVER be that girl again. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment