I know it's been a while since I've updated...things got worse before they got better so I'm just now able to really sit back and update. My Mom was in the hospital for 6 days last week. She had a bad case of colitis and then her O2 levels dropped drastically. She was completely delirious for 5 days...it was really scary! She's at home now and feeling better. She's driving me crazy (6 days without cigarettes and she is STILL badgering me to get her some) but I'm holding my own. John and I picked her up a new TV today...FINALLY! She had an old tube TV that was on its last legs, and now she has a brand new LCD flatscreen. That should make her life a little more comfortable. We're also going to get new mattresses. We need them desperately. So that's what's going on at home for now.
I'm like a walking billboard for chiropractic care right now. Between all of the stress in my life, my weight, my poor posture, etc etc etc...my back and neck were a mess. They hurt every single day, all day. I had to bend over and crack my back to get relief, and cracked my neck constantly. I started seeing Dr. Nick (a guy I marched with in high school and who is now the best chiropractor EVAR...) a few weeks ago, right after Julie's services. I feel SO much better. I've been seeing him twice a week, and it's obvious that I'm getting better. I no longer crack my back OR neck (OMG!). It happens occasionally out of habit with my neck, but I would say I don't do it more than once every couple of days. Putting my bones back where they belong has been one of the best things I've been doing for my health. I'm still not done with my appointments--I may be feeling a bit better but there is still much more work to be done. My first adjustment, EVERYTHING cracked, and loudly. Now it's getting a little less intense. Anyway, if ya ever need a chiropractor, you know who to ask. ;-)
I'm knitting my brains out. I have a hat for Maggie on the needles, the 2nd baby sock I haven't finished, the never-ending cardigan, and a scarf. All unfinished projects, LOL! Funniest part is that I'm about to order myself a full set of needles and MORE yarn. There are so many people I'd like to make things for this Christmas. I got a jump-start on Maggie, but I also want to knit for Evelyn and a shit-ton of other people. The kicker--the yarn I'm ordering is for myself, LOL! I'm going to make myself a hat, scarf and fingerless glove set. I have yarn for Maggie and Evelyn, but to make stuff for other people is going to be more money for yarn. I need to go shopping, for sure. And I need to get my ass moving on these projects because Christmas is right around the corner.
My attitude is still...well...my attitude. Things are looking up for the most part, and returning back to some kind of "normal". I hate not having Julie around...I miss her and think about her every single day. I've accepted that Mike and I just aren't meant to be. Now I'm on match.com and we'll see how that turns out. I'm making an effort to have a REAL journal...not a blog but a private journal where I can put the deep, dark thoughts. Overall, everything is okay. I look forward to keeping up my streak, LOL!
No comments:
Post a Comment